From: Rick Brass
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:32 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List LED BULBS IN GENERAL

I don't always agree with the things I read in Practical Sailor, but I have to
agree with them that these are about the best interior lights available for
general illumination in your cabin.

I've had a low power Alpenglow fluorescent fixture on my 25 for more than a
decade. I like the quality of the illumination, the low power consumption, and
the nice teak fixture. My experience was a large part of the decision to put
two of the LED fixtures on my 38.

All of the fixtures I purchased have high (9W for the fluorescent) and low (6
or 7W) power for white light, and a separate red light with 2 low power
settings. I habitually leave the lowest power red lights on when sailing at
night so I can find the beer or a snack and move around the cabin without
bumping into things.

Others on the list have other solutions for low power consumption lighting -
and may well have paid less than I did. The LED fixtures were around $130 each.
But I spent a half hour or less on the installation process and I don't need to
worry about a source for spare parts if I ever need them.

I'm quite happy with the lights.