you wrote:
By resin, do you mean epoxy resin as in West 105? I'm pretty ignorant.

I used Epoxy, but believe that a polyester/vinylester resin would work fine as well. I just used what I was comfortable with, because I didn't want to make a learning experience out of it. Some of my learning experiences have been spectacular. <VBG>

Here in Mexico, quality epoxy resins are even more expensive than up north, but polyester resin is cheap as water. So I've learned a thing or two. Note that down here you get what you pay for (batteries cost half as much but have half the capacity and last half as long, etc.) So I haven't used cheap resin for anything structural.

I once was a big fan of west system epoxy, because that was the best available at the time. New resins have been developed that work as well and don't have amine blush. I also became really annoyed at West System when they changed the pumps from metal to plastic, because it seemed like I was breaking a pump every two months and began to think they were making more money selling pump kits than they made selling epoxy.

Wal