In my basement, I still have one of the huge removable 300mb disc packs from my old CDC washtub backup drive. New, back then, they were about $25k each and I had 8 of them. The system it was connected to was mirrored pairs of PDP-11's that were slightly modified by ATEX for newspaper publishing. I kept one pack as a memento.

This isn't me, but some other guy holding a 300mb disc pack

https://www.flickr.com/photos/old_dave/5490459075/

In sailing news, I'll be watching the C.W. Morgan as it moves from Mystic Seaport to New London tomorrow. The last time it was out of Mystic Seaport was when they dragged it there as a waterlogged derelict in 1941. The first time I was aboard was over 50 years ago. At that time she could not even float and was resting on sand behind a coffer dam.

http://www.mysticseaport.org/38thvoyage/

Bill Bina