I'm not sure the temperature extremes are radically different between St Louis
and eastern Pennsylvania, where my 25 lived after I bought her, or Boston,
where the 38 lived before I bought her. On both boats, a single strip of spline
is all that is needed and has stayed in the corners with no problem.

It is in the technique for putting in the spline.

As I suggested in an earlier post, start installing the spline at the top
center of the frame (actually Dennis said that). As you insert the spline with
your push stick, also push back in the direction of the joint, which will
compress the spline slightly as it goes into the groove. Compressing the spline
as it is installed, as opposed to the stretching which is more natural when you
just push it into place, will keep it in the corners of the window. At least
until it gets old, hard, and cracked from exposure, and it's time to replace it
anyway when that occurs.

Rick Brass

Sent from my iPad