From: "CNC boat owners, cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "CNC boat owners, cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:48:24 AM
Subject: Re: Stus-List What happened 15th 16th June

The 14th - 15th were perfect wind and weather days on lake Ontario. I raced in
the
Lake Ontario Short Handed Race Series, #2 on Saturday and #3 on Sunday. I am in
the Double Handed Spinnaker Fleet but raced solo.

It never fails to amaze me how even 10 miles from shore or any object there can
be a wind hole. One minute you are sailing along in 4 - 6 kts of steady breeze,
the
spinnaker pulling nicely, then in a matter of a few feet you enter the hole.
The
apparent goes straight forward, caused by the boat speed, the spinnaker blows
back and wraps around the forestay - mast - shrouds, and the main rises to
center.
A few hundred feet later you drift out of the hole and the wind is back.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1