What about rebuilding it?  Smiths clear penetrating epoxy and wood filler
can yield some pretty amazing results.  Coat the whole thing in epoxy for a
final coat.

In the off season you can mix up a big batch an let it soak in real long.
Like a couple days long.  Then let it cure even longer.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD