I am considering buying a C&C 29-2 (1983) and would like to know how/if a
symmetrical spinnaker would work on these boats. I am looking at a boat nearby,
but it only has a cruising asymmetrical spinnaker.  My current boat is a J/24
and I am looking for something a little more comfortable but also performance
oriented. Since I have a crew for racing on the J/24, we would also want to set
a spinnaker on the C&C.  The problem is the baby/inner stay that bisects the
fore deck. Yes, I understand that we could disconnect it for the downwind leg,
but that seems to be added complexity that I would rather avoid. The concern
that I have is that the only photo of a symmetrical spinnaker I can find on the
WEB is the original sales brochure.  So, I am thinking its just a big hassle to
fly a symmetrical on these boats. Any thoughts?
-Ken