To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:10 AM
Subject: Stus-List C&C 29-2 Spinnaker

I am considering buying a C&C 29-2 (1983) and would like to know how/if a symmetrical spinnaker would work on these boats. I am looking at a boat nearby, but it only has a cruising asymmetrical spinnaker. My current boat is a J/24 and I am looking for something a little more comfortable but also performance oriented. Since I have a crew for racing on the J/24, we would also want to set a spinnaker on the C&C. The problem is the baby/inner stay that bisects the fore deck. Yes, I understand that we could disconnect it for the downwind leg, but that seems to be added complexity that I would rather avoid. The concern that I have is that the only photo of a symmetrical spinnaker I can find on the WEB is the original sales brochure. So, I am thinking its just a big hassle to fly a symmetrical on these boats. Any thoughts?
-Ken