I second Russ' caution.  If you're not stripping the old paint, try a test
spot first.  Paints contain solvents which may not be compatible with other
paints.

When we painted Touche' a few years ago, I prepped the hull with degreaser
then 320 grit sandpaper.  We shot a test spot of Awlcraft.  It didn't stick
to the old paint and bubbled up where a second underlying paint had been
exposed.  I ended up stripping all the old layers of paint with a Hutchins
straight line sander.  Don't use a disc sander!

Even after stripping, it required 3 coats of high build primer to get good
results.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA