Stu -

Good news! I can imagine your joy. Go outside on a clear night and marvel at the stars.

I love to hear stories like that, because I've been visually challenged all my life but don't make a big deal out of it. I wear glasses on top of contact lenses, and don't go out in public with only glasses because people stare. When RK was invented in the 70's the doctors said it wouldn't do much good, and when laser surgery was invented in 1990 I actually spent an incredible amount of money to try and be part of a clinical trial, but was rejected. In 2002 I learned that it was impossible because the level of correction would remove the entire cornea and fry my retina and optic nerve, and the only option was lens replacement surgery. I decided to wait. Heck, I'm functional (sorta <G>) and know that with all the UV I've seen I'll probably end up with cataracts eventually.

Again, congrats, and go sailing at night and marvel at the stars.

Wal

Stu wrote:
Late last year, I was diagnosed as having severe cataracts in both eyes and
they were 'ripe' for surgery.