You are missing a vital point. Charter cats NEED a written sailplan. They have
little to no steering feel and don't heel until it is too late. If you leave
too much sail up they might just round up against full rudder, go really fast
but ruin the sails*, break something, or perhaps capsize. It should be very
obvious when a C&C needs some sail trim. If you need both hands on the wheel to
steer and the rail is underwater that is a good hint. You also need to know the
strength of the sails and the strength of the crew. My #1 genoas could be used
off the wind in a lot more wind than would be good for the light cloth. My
spinnaker is a light air sail for us while cruising. We don't have the manpower
to handle a heavy air spinnaker run with just my wife and I to do all the work.

*do not show charter company video of their boat doing 15 knots. Just sayin'

Joe Della Barba
Coquina
C&C 35 MK I

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD
On Aug 19, 2014 10:32 AM, "Curtis via CnC-List"
Can anybody give me the sailplan for my boat? What sail to use under what wind
condition. What is the comfort rating, tern over ratio. I have no paper work
with this boat that shows this information. It would be nice to have a printed
version of this information.

example on sail -plan

The sail plan for a Lagoon 380 in sustained winds is as follows:

Force 5 winds (up to 22 knots): full sail, both main and jib.

Force 6 winds (22 to 26 knots): one reef in the main and full jib.

Force 7 winds (27 to 28 knots): one reef in the main and one reef in the jib.

Force 7 winds (29 to 33 knots): two reefs in both the main and the jib.

Force 8 winds (34 to 38 knots): two reefs in the main and three reefs in the
jib.

Force 9 winds (39 to 44 knots): drop mainsail completely and three reefs in jib.

Above 44 knots, all sail is dropped and the mainsail bag and boom will be quite
enough sail, thank you.
Thanks for your help...
--

Best regards,