From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Josh Muckley
via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:49 PM
To: Berry Fox; C&C List
Subject: Re: Stus-List Landfall 38

My opinion is that the 37+ is a better choice...that's why I bought one.  The
LF38 usually rates ~140 and the 37+ is ~75.  The trouble with low ratings is
that you have to be a good enough sailor to sail to them.  Every second counts
and every mistake can cost you the race.  I had my ass handed to me in a
friendly race by a Pearson 32.  They rated 168.  It was mostly a down wind run
and they chose a less down wind angle.  I doesn't hurt that they have a kevlar
sail and hard bottom paint polished to 1000 grit.

As for pointing the 37+ can point very high and even power through a pinch.  It
is easy to accidentally pinch up because the boat doesn't realy talk back very
much.

The C&C 30, the C&C 34+, the C&C 36+ and the C&C 37+ are all very similar
layout and design.  The C&C 40 seems to be the predecessor to the 37+ and the
C&C 121 is the successor.

Good luck,
Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD
On Sep 16, 2014 9:41 PM, "Berry Fox via CnC-List"
Hi, I'm seriously considering a LF38.  I'm looking for a performance cruiser
but also want to race.  The LF38 looks like a great choice but I'm wondering
about how it sails. I read through the archives and see that several of you
race....can you give me any insights into how your boats perform?  What do they
rate in your area and how do they sail to the rating?  How well do they point?
Any other insights are appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Dan

Sent from my iPad