Reading these posts, I am considering a compromise that I have not done before.
 I usually leave my mast up and do not do anything special with halyards.  But
it seems an easy compromise would be to attach the halyard shackles to some
cheap nylon line and run them up until the shackle hits the sheave and leave
them like that.  That way most of the halyard is protected from the
sun/snow/wind etc. but you don’t have to hassle with messenger lines and
potentially losing a halyard.  Thoughts?  Dave

On Sep 24, 2014, at 9:28 AM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Exactly my expierience Joe.
>
> Josh Muckley