15 minutes would be great on my wallet.  On those years when I take the mast
down, I do try to get the crane use to be as low as possible. Maybe John was
doing the same.   In preparation, I leave everything hand tight for the yard
the night before haul out.  Provided it's  not too windy.  Sails off, Boom
off, tie off all halyards so they are out of the way, loosen all turnbuckles
so they can be taken off by hand, straighten all cotter pins so workers can
pull them out by hand.  When all that is done, it is conceivable that mast
related crane work is less than half hour.  30 minutes times few guys at 90$
per hour,  ends up being not that bad.

One year I made a mistake of letting the yard do all of the work for me and
got a 1800$ mast decommissioning  bill.  This was about 15 years ago so I
imagine it would be even higher now.

Petar Horvatic

Sundowner

76 C&C 38MkII