No, in 1973 the 35 Mk.1 had lights on top of the bow casting similar to
these Perko Nav Lights:

http://www.perko.com/catalog/navigation_lights_under_20_meters/76/horizontal_mount_side_light/

We fitted these as replacements for the originals a few years ago on a
friends Mk.1 as they are CG Certified for 1 nm.  They are OK, not as
durable as a pulpit mounted Aqua Signal.

I think these below are pretty much what was original equipment.

Note: Not for new construction

http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/1835-top-mount-side-light

Ken H.