Ken
As proof of what you say, this will be the seventh (7) winter our Great Northern Group 27 batteries will have spent on the boat. As you said, get a good charge before being disconnected. Mine get the occasional boost through the winter as I visit the boat occasionally but I don't think it matters....just gives me an excuse to go to the boat and hang out and have a beer.

And at 55 lbs. per battery, why would you want to lift those off the boat and move them for no logical reason?

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 -84
Halifax, N.S.