Interesting comments.  I sailed a 34+ for many years in a lot of conditions and
never saw any sustained plaining on any point of sail.  Even my 121 will run a
bit on a broad reach but again not what you would think of as a plaining hull.
Sorry, that’s melges territory.  On the plus side we do have a bit more
accommodation in the cabin.  Not to say the 34+, 37+, 110, 121 aren’t good
performing boats.  Just saying surfing is not their forte.  Btw - the 34+ was a
very noisy boat.  A little too much flex in the hull and it would pound.
Again, a trade off in term of performance vs. cruise ability. Love Rob and have
a lots respect for him but that one he may have some rose colored glasses on.
Not structural by any means as I put more than a few offshore miles on the boat
(and still consider it the best boat I ever owned).

Would love to sail one of the latest C&C’s.

John