Patrick -

Mine had a Perkins 4-108 in it, which was definitely the wrong engine for the boat, but I knew I was going to repower so didn't worry about it. Most came with Yanmars, and others can tell you more about that. I also planned to convert the starboard quarter berth into a super-navstation and open up that side for engine access. I was planning to set up the boat for long term cruising, so my objectives could be different than yours. Having had to change a broken belt in a seaway, I can understand your concern.

Wal

Patrick Davin wrote:
I took a look at a Landfall 38 last week, and yeah it's pretty bad (engine
access). But does it actually prevent you from doing any critical tasks or
is it more of a nuisance?