From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Edd
Schillay via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:59 AM
To: Paul Baker; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Furl 1st or Reef 1st ?

I've been told by sailmakers that partially furling your sail is very, very
bad for the sail, especially on racing sails where the stress loads are
designed to be in particular places.

That being said, when I was in a race and was suddenly faced with a 40-mph
storm, furling was the easiest and fastest way to reduce sail.

                All the best,

                Edd

                Edd M. Schillay

                Starship Enterprise