At first I wondered what the horizontal bar athwart ship and above the pulpit
was myself. And it looked like the spin pole was attached to the stem of the
boat. WTF?

Then I expanded the photo for a closer look.

It's actually the port lower spreader. I think you can make out the shadow of
the starboard lower spreader in the mainsail.

Rick Brass

Sent from my iPad