Actually, a front coming through tonight is dropping the the temp dramatically.
 :)

As for the navigation thread, we were motoring a narrow section of the ICW
before sunup this morning. Although Touché was in the middle of the "ditch",
the GPS showed us about 150 yards north in the pine trees.

Further in the ICW, the graphical depiction of the channel did not match the
markers or our location. That is, the different colored channel was outside the
markers. The markers appeared accurate.

So, much of the inaccuracies we see are in the GIS data in the maps. I'd bet
that if I'd plotted the location from the GPS position data on a paper chart,
I'd have been in the channel and not in the woods.

Gas wells in Mobile Bay were close to the charted positions.

My auto steerer is always pretty much dead on because the waypoints I use are
all observed. That is, they were set from actual boat position using the "mark"
function of the GPS.  Some were set several years ago. The fact that the GPS
via the auto steerer brings me back to them accurately after several years is
verification of the accuracy of the GPS system.

Dennis C.
Touché 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

Sent from my iPhone