Many of the fuel docks I use supply ValvTect fuel.  Whether it's better or
not, I don't know.  I use jerry cans to fuel the boat when in home port.
As a rule, I try to use Chevron or Texaco fuels in the boat.  I found years
ago that many other brands gummed up the fuel injectors in my old Suburban
truck.  My new Suburban is much less sensitive to brand.

I've never put additives in Touche's fuel.  My circumstances may be
different than most of the listers.

First, I turnover my fuel a few times a year so it's fairly fresh.  Touche'
has about 1200 hours on the diesel since the repower in 2003.  At 0.6 gph
that's about 80 gallons a year or 4.5 tanks a year.

Second, Touche' has an Algae-X fuel conditioner.  While many think these
are little more than marketing magic, all I know is I've never had a fuel
related issue.  My fuel system also has a Racor 500 fuel filter with
Racor's vacuum gauge adapter on it.  I change the fuel filter elements
based on vacuum.  I may go a few hundred hours between element changes.  I
record this data but don't have it handy.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA