From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of steve via
CnC-List
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 4:00 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Cabin Sole replacement

I acquired a 1984 C&C 41 earlier this year that had a been on the hard for a
couple of years.  The boat's in pretty good shape and surveyed out nicely.
However, it was left with standing water in the bilges.  The freeze/thaw cycle
completely destroyed the cabin sole so I needed to replace it.

The shop just finished installing the new teak & holly marine grade plywood
sole and it looks pretty good.  Some gaps are wider than they should be and the
subfloor is pieced together poorly but, overall the sole really improves the
look of the cabin.

Now I'm looking at the bill - actually, choking on it.  The shop guy and I
apparently miscommunicated in a staggeringly significant manner.  I had
expected a bill of $4,100 which seemed high but, on the edge of reasonable and,
I just couldn't free up enough time to try the job myself. The actual bill is
for $9,600....I could have freed up a lot more time at $9,600!!

So, I'm trying to find out if I just completely underestimated the work and the
cost is reasonable...or, if I'm getting totally and completely hosed.

I would love to hear opinions on this.  By the way, the cost of the wood was
about $700.  I don't know the cost of the varnish.

Steve Anderson

Shadow

C&C 41