Steve,

I'm sorry if this post is a repeat. I included a couple of photos with my
original post which are omitted here.

I too just replaced the cabin sole in my 30 MKII. I'm no professional
carpenter, so I took my time. Though I thought it was a big job (and one that I
probably wouldn't want to do again) I think I could be persuaded to do up new
cabin soles for other listers at $9600 each. In other words, I think $9600 is
way too high. $4100 sounds about right.

<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> </div><div>Date:12-12-2014  1:00 PM  (GMT-08:00)
replacement </div><div>
for a couple of years.  The boat's in pretty good shape and surveyed out
nicely.  However, it was left with standing water in the bilges.  The
freeze/thaw cycle completely destroyed the cabin sole so I needed to replace it.

The shop just finished installing the new teak & holly marine grade plywood
sole and it looks pretty good.  Some gaps are wider than they should be and the
subfloor is pieced together poorly but, overall the sole really improves the
look of the cabin.

Now I'm looking at the bill - actually, choking on it.  The shop guy and I
apparently miscommunicated in a staggeringly significant manner.  I had
expected a bill of $4,100 which seemed high but, on the edge of reasonable and,
I just couldn't free up enough time to try the job myself. The actual bill is
for $9,600....I could have freed up a lot more time at $9,600!!

So, I'm trying to find out if I just completely underestimated the work and the
cost is reasonable...or, if I'm getting totally and completely hosed.

I would love to hear opinions on this.  By the way, the cost of the wood was
about $700.  I don't know the cost of the varnish.

Steve Anderson
Shadow
C&C 41