Hi all, I have a question on boat stands and aft tilting of the boat while
on the hard.

I find water drainage on most C&C designs to be horrible.  I've tackled the
issues many times but this one keeps coming back to haunt me.

When the boat is in water, a while back I made drain holes at what appeared
to be the lowest point on deck.  So when boat is properly loaded and
equipped, the deck drains pretty good.

Well all that changes once the boat is out of the water as the yard props it
so that everything is tilting aft.  So now water collects about few feet
further aft.   Year after year this tilting changes based on how they setup
the stands at the time of haulout.  No matter what you do (I've drilled
pilot holes in aluminum toerail),  I  always have submerged pulpit
stanchions bases.  For me these carry a significant load(solar panels,
support the wind generator and 15HP outboard on pulpit mount)  Well in the
winter, ice works the base screws on stanchions and before you know it you
get leaks and wet core.

I would love to prop the aft stands and lower the forward ones so that the
boats sits more level and the water collects where my drain holes are.  Has
anyone done this or will doing this disturb  how the keel sits on the wooden
blocks?

My thought was to just prop the aft ones but then I realized that they all
need to be adjusted slightly.

Petar Horvatic

Sundowner

76 C&C 38MkII