I used one of the Nicro vent on my old US27 in the overhead hatch. I was
surprised at the difference it made in summer especially. I had heard the
batteries need to be replaced every few years, but did not have an
issue. +1 for vent in hatch.

Kevin
Osprey 30-2

On Mon Dec 29 2014 at 3:02:55 PM Joel Aronson via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Edd
> Put them in the hatches. Plexi is easier than cabin top.
>
> Joel
>

> On Monday, December 29, 2014, Edd Schillay via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I second Jim Watts’ recommendation of a Day/Night Solar Vent. Though I
>> haven’t used them myself on the Enterprise, I’ve heard of others having
>> great results with them.
>>
>> The one caveat I’ve heard, in order to really get the benefit, is that
>> you should install two; one towards the front of the boat pulling air in
>> and another towords the back blowing air out. This will create an air flow
>> that will keep the boat fresh.
>>
>> I’m going to do it one of these days, though I’m not sure if I can bring
>> myself to drill holes in the deck.
>>

>> All the best,
>>
>> Edd
>>

>> Edd M. Schillay
>> Starship Enterprise
>> C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
>> City Island, NY
>> Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log <http://enterpriseb.blogspot.com/>
>>

>> On Dec 29, 2014, at 5:09 PM, Ken Heaton via CnC-List <
>> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> As Doug mentioned the usual thing is a Dorade Box.  These are usually
>> wooden boxes but there are plastic one available too like this from
>> Defender:
>> http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=1646992&path=-1|6880|2290139|2290147
>>
>> In another reply Jim Watts recommended a Day/night solar vent.  This is
>> probably a better way to go as it will continue to move air even when there
>> is no wind.  These from Defender:
>> http://www.defender.com/category.jsp?path=-1|6880|2290139&id=2290144
>>
>> Ken H.
>>
>> On 27 December 2014 at 21:21, svpegasu...@gmail.com <
>> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi Dan,
>>> I keep Pegasus at Shilshole.  Come on by if you are in the area. To
>>> answer your question. The vents sit atop a Dorade box. It has a stand pipe
>>> off set to the vent. This allows air to enter but funnels the water through
>>> drain holes in the side of the box. There are also caps that replace the
>>> vent scoop.
>>> Hope this answers your question.
>>> Doug
>>> Pegasus
>>> LF38
>>> Just west of Ballard, WA
>>>
>>> T-Mobile. America's First Nationwide 4G Network.

at: