Allen , it was in my old US 27, (not our 30-2) the overhead hatch aft of
the mast on that boat. If I were to add one to our 30-2's it would be in
one of the small hatches in the head, which would cool and remove odors. I
believe our boats are small enough that this would still be effective
assuming you generally leave your head door open. I personally would not
add one to my forward fee berth hatch and would stay away from cutting
holes in the deck.

Kevin
30-2
Osprey