Torquing my boat's keel nuts, for the nuts down in the bilge sump of my 29-2 I
am finding I will need to use a lot of extensions to raise the 42" long wrench
high enough for swing room.  The wrench handle needs to clear the top of the
setee.  With 350 ft lbs of torque and something like 40" in extensions, I am
worried about side loading.  It seems like a two-person job -- one to keep the
head of the wrench lined up with the nut and another to swing the wrench.
Before I try it, any suggestions on how not to do this?
I spent much time researching the keel nut topic on this list and elsewhere
before attacking the job.  The knowledge shared by listers here is phenomenal.
I never would have attempted this without that help.

Thanks.
Tom O'Keeffe
Bridie Mae29-2Douglaston, NY
at: