Consider using a torque multiplier.  A "normal" amount of torque can be
used without bending or over torquing extensions.  It will also allow using
a smaller, shorter torque wrench which give a better swing radius.  Using
the one in the link below, I would place it in the bildge and "frame" it in
place with wood.  They are usually 5:1 so pulling 70ft/lbs should be a
drastic improvement over pulling 350ft/lbs.

http://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200623947_200623947

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk

at: