Josh,

Great reply with good detail.  I've had my share of bashing into heavy seas
and with just the engine, it can't be tough going.  My 30hp Yanmar maintains
a steady 3000 rpm, regardless of speed in these conditions.  Heck, we could
be sliding backwards and the engine won't slow down.  Gotta love diesel
torque.

I find it easier to motorsail when conditions get extreme.  The ride is
easier and you do go faster.  The heel stays fairly constant too.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

"Midnight Mistress"

C&C 35 Mk-III