The charter company from whom we rented the Tartan 37 we used for our trips
required a night crossing to Bimini (arriving in the morning) because of the
weird dog-leg entrance there, and the desire to see what the heck we were going
to run into in the daylight…   :^)   So we went out for a nice dinner the night
before, hit the Publix store to provision at 10pm and left at midnight.  We
could just start to see the tops of palm trees and the tower at daybreak; by
the time the sun was fully up, we were approaching the entrance channel and had
good visibility.

So even in the days of GPS, as far as I’m concerned it’s still a good idea to
NOT enter an unfamiliar harbor at night.   :^)

Fred Street -- Minneapolis