AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-02-26 9:00 AM, Jake Brodersen via CnC-List wrote:

I use the Sika primer, as it is “highly recommended” to ensure a good seal. Yes, it’s expensive, but I hate doing a job twice. A bottle of primer goes a long way. Sika recommends that the edges of the window be painted over where the sealant is used. This is because exposure to light degrades the adhesive. I’m assuming this would be UV exposure. To date, I have not done this and have had zero problems. It could cause premature failure of the seal in the long term though.

I use a dremel tool with a sanding drum to rough up the edges of the windows before installing them. I give the material some tooth, then wipe it down with alcohol to remove any contamination. Don’t be afraid to grind into the plexi to get a good surface for the adhesive. It won’t show from the outside.

Jake

*Jake Brodersen*

*/“Midnight Mistress”/*

*C&C 35 Mk-III*