From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Paul Hood
via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:49 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Non-Slip

I was wondering if anyone has ever ventured to do the following project that
I'm working through. I bought my boat from the original owner 2 years ago
and am in the middle of redoing my non-slip.

I have removed all deck hardware with the exception of the toe rail, sanded
down the existing non-slip so that all is smooth and am preparing to spray
gelcoat over the entire deck.  Once sprayed smooth, I will tape off areas
for pattern and spread a layer of gelcoat followed immediately by the
pressing of the Gibco flex mould to create the non-slip.

www.gibcoflexmold.com

I know this is different than the original roll-on finish, but I think the
Gibco wears better, is easier to clean, is easier on bear skin, and looks
much better to boot.  My hope is that the grip is better than rolled as it
is more consistent throughout.  There are dozens of patterns and since I'm
not matching, I'm getting the one claiming to have the best grip.  It will
be definitely better than current as the surface is chalked throughout and
worn in many areas.  In addition, there was a deck repair some years back
and the color is visibly different and the surface below the non-slip repair
is thin and almost see through.

I'm waiting for this months -20c temperatures to move out before I start
heating and spraying surface.  Canadian winters..

Has anyone ever tackled such a project and if so, do you have any hints.
I'm sure there are lots of opinions here and I know I'm about to open the
can of worms on many levels but I'd like to hear what you think.

Thanks,

Paul Hood

1982 C&C34