  From: David Knecht via CnC-List
  To: CnC CnC discussion list
  Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 10:12
  Subject: Stus-List Tool recommendation

  I was at the boat yesterday and tried to take the heat exchanger off the
engine (Universal M4-30) so I could refurbish the seals and make sure it is
clean (http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/heat_exchanger).  One bolt came off
easily but the one on the starboard side is a challenge.  I cannot get a socket
on it because something from the engine or transmission is partially blocking
frontal access.  I found my wrench selection on board is less than adequate and
I need to upgrade.   I tried with a short 1/2" open end wrench and was able to
get it on, but could not budge the bolt.  I left it sprayed with penetrant
hoping that will loosen it.

   I looked at other wrench types to see what would be useful in this situation
and came upon this ratcheting wrench I had not seen before:

http://www.amazon.com/Alden-Wrench-56038-Ratching-Open-End/dp/B002VEC9XE/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1425909762&sr=1-1&keywords=alden+ratchet

  It looks like something useful to have on the boat as the clamping action
should work on both metric and SAE, it is stainless and it ratchets.  Has
anyone tried something like this?

  The other type I am considering is the flex head ratcheting  wrenches:

http://www.amazon.com/Husky5-Pieces-SAE-Flex-Ratcheting-Wrench/dp/B00CBFVKT2/ref=sr_1_4?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1425910197&sr=1-4&keywords=ratcheting+flex+wrenches

  Dave

  Aries
  1990 C&C 34+