From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of David via
CnC-List
Sent: March-11-15 23:45
To: David Knecht; CNC CNC
Subject: Re: Stus-List Tool recommendation

hmmmm...

Genetic engineering....

The possibilities...the possibilities...

David F. Risch
(401) 419-4650 (cell)

  _____

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:41:58 -0400
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com

I never cease to be amazed by the information I get from this list.  This
group has an amazing array or talents and experiences, not just in sailing
but also in engineering, metallurgy, mechanics, chemistry etc. etc. The only
engineering I can provide advice on is genetic engineering and I suspect
there are not going to be a lot of questions on that topic.  Sigh!

I will be sure to report back on tools and bolts when I find what gets this
one off.  I may buy a few wrenches just to see how well each works in this
not uncommon situation.  My box of ratcheting wrenches dumped over a while
back and of course ended up in the bilge in salt water.  No more ratcheting
happening there.

As to my real point- I had heard about 50-50 acetone ATF a long time ago as
a penetrant so I made some up to try for this experiment, but found that the
two are not miscible and phase separate almost immediately. Is that expected
and if so, which phase for the bolt?  Dave

Aries

1990 C&C 34+

New London, CT