Guilty as charged!  Unless someone can advise me otherwise, there is no setting
on the IPhone to remove the email history automatically when replying to a
message. I would gladly use such a setting for C&C list emails.  Deleting the
history, while not too difficult, takes an extra couple of steps that I
frequently forget to do. Those steps also unfortunately delete my "signature"
which contains the list-requested boat class / location etc.