A lot of harbour masters on the East Coast would disagree with you. I am in
12-15' of water with 30' of 1" bottom chain and 15' of 5/8" top chain and
18' of pendants. It takes a lot to lift the bottom chain.

Mooring rigs are designed to operate with much shorter scope than an
anchor. With a rode of 150' the shock loading is distributed over much more
line. If all your elasticity is in 20' of stretchy line, it may over heat
and fail. We saw this during the hurricane, and thus advised against nylon
pendants in favor of low stretch pendants and increased the weight of the
chain, thus increasing the catenary.

Eric