AZURA
C&C 32 -84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-03-14 6:37 PM, Paul Baker via CnC-List wrote:
It's not that the cleat is badly fitted on the foredeck, I think it's just undersized for a long-term unattended mooring. At most it will accommodate a 1/2" or so line, which I think is too small. Fine if you are on the boat and attending to it, but that's not going to be the case. Given that I would have to cut the rail to fit chocks, and replace that cleat for something bigger, I think I'll just go with fabricating a mounting block over the rail and putting cleats straight onto that, through-bolted and backed of course. Less points for chafe to happen, and it leaves the central cleat free if needed as well. Or maybe a bow eye, but attaching the lines to that may prove troublesome, not sure I want a big shackle smacking into the bow.
Cheers,
Paul.