Francois,

The Selden poles are quite sturdy.  This one looks almost ideal for you.
Running deep with the pole may be fast in some conditions.  Usually, the
higher the wind speed, the deeper you can run.  In 20 kts of wind we just
point at the downwind mark.  In lighter air gybing downwind is usually
faster.  You maintain a higher boatspeed, but sail further.  In the end
sometimes is all works out the same though.

I like the pole.  The price is certainly right!

Jake

Jake Brodersen

"Midnight Mistress"

C&C 35 Mk-III