Thanks to all you guys for pole the wisdom ,

 Through local connections I was able to get the Forespar 12-22 # 402200
 pole for just over a couple hundred bucks more than the Selden so I went
 for the Forespar..

 Main reasons were:

 - At a max of 22 feet it's almost perfectly 150% of my J  (Legal here) .
 So, according to the nice reference Eric provided (Thanks man)  I can wing
 and wing on a 90 degreee reach which I have not seen done in my races  ( I
 did not know you could do that either) and I need that much length to do
 that. That should give me some extra speed edge until the other guys
 figure out what I'm doing.

 - Being longer I don't need to extend it to max lengh (If not reaching)
 which means the pole is stronger because of more tube overlap at the
 joint, thus I can safely use it in stronger winds (Plus the tubes are
 larger than the Selden) .  (And it's also the pole specified by Forespar
 for my boat)

 - Line control allows infinite adjustments on the length and those
 adjustments can safely be done at the mast instead of hanging out near the
 rail.  Just the potential for added safety alone is enough to justify the
 extra dough in my book.

 Thanks

 Regards,

 -Francois Rivard