From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:50 PM
To: C&C List ; Edd Schillay
Subject: Re: Stus-List Tool(s) Recommendation for Battery Cable

So after reading Peter's link on pbase, I have less support of my own
recommendation for the cheap "hydraulic" crimper for which I sent a link.

However, after seeing the price of the crimper on pbase ($275), I more strongly
support my suggestion of the hammer crimp.  Aside from the suggested crimper
all of the other suggestions are reasonable.

I think you are going to find yourself at an impasse regarding cost and
quality.  While the quality of the crimper and lugs suggested by pbase appear
to be of superior quality, you are probably going to find that the cost and
availability of the lugs is restrictive and the cost of the crimper
prohibitive.  Its a pretty large commitment.

Quality lugs for the hammer crimper are readily available if you choose to go
the cheap way.  As pbase even said, that knarly looking chrimp still worked.
The crimper was only one of many criticisms of that crimp.  It is my opinion
that if you employ all of the other pbase suggestions but use the hammer
crimper and compatible lugs then you will still end up with a quality, long
lasting and safe connection.  I've done dozens and am proud of all of them.

Josh