From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Rick
Brass via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2015 9:17 PM
To: 'Josh Muckley'; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List New Wiring Diagram Draft

Excellent summary, Josh.

I recall the breakover voltage as .6 not .7, but the effect is the same. 1.2
or 1.4 volts of breakover from two diodes in series will stop the galvanic
current.

And for the frugal among us, and I think that covers most all sailors with
boats under about 50 feet, the price of a 1000 volt, 50 amp diode at Radio
Shack is about $2.99. Add a small project box, some wire, and a couple of
stud terminals, and you've got a homemade galvanic isolator for about
$20-25.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC