Thanks for the advice guys.  A little history on the keel...  I went on the
list serve with the original problem a few years ago.  In the first year by mid
season I had a 20 gallon a day leak flooding up through the stringer behind the
aft most keel boat.  I limped from Milwaukee back to Chicago and hauled out.
They dropped the keel and found that there was almost no sealant left in the
joint and there was a vertical crack along the edge of the aft keel boat hole,
causing the leak.  They filled the crack with epoxy, faired the mating
surfaces, caulked the hell out of it with 4200 and tourqed the bolts.  They
also said it was some what wet under the mast in the filler where the long
forward bolt comes up.  They repaired that as well.  Last season bilge was dry,
no issues.  I was surprised to see the joint opened back up this fall,
especially considering our short sailing season here.  I usually don't exceed
1800 on the back stay but will try and get by with even less this season and
see if that makes a different.