I've said this before and I'll say it again... It's only called the C$C smile because C&C made so many boats, most of which are still active and sailing. Many boats with swept fin keels develop a crack on the leading edge for a few reasons. Hitting something. Storage with the weight on the trailing edge of the keel that makes the entire keel turn into a lever weakening the sealant around the leading bolts. Etcetera.

Wal

Jake wrote:
<snip> The “C&C Smile” as it is known, often appears as the hull to keel joint opens
up. <snip>