An interesting question!  Not that I have an answer, but when I was living
aboard I found the conventional dining table located in the center of the main
salon a nuisance--it always seemed to be in the way.  So, I removed it and, in
its place, I used a round teak bistro table which I could move and it was
usually against the port settee.  It made the boat feel much more open--I guess
the the trend toward "open concept" in homes.  The teak bistro table wasn't
fastened down (but it could have been).  Much later when I bought a house I
reinstalled the original dining table and we still use it.

So, keep your options open for something a little different if you can't find a
replacement...

Bob

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days / Annapolis MD
1983 C&C Landfall 38 - Hull #230
email: dainyr...@icloud.com
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply
messing about in boats."  --Kenneth Grahame