From: Kevin Driscoll via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: Frederick G Street <f...@postaudio.net>; cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>;
David <davidrisc...@msn.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 24, 2015 6:06 pm
Subject: Re: Stus-List Headlamps...

Had all kinds of headlamps for boating, backpacking etc. By far the most useful
for on the boat at night standing watch and in camp at night is the Petzl
Emergency headlamp. Super light, has red mode, long lasting batteries and NOT
blindingly bright at night. I have had mine for going on 10yrs now and still
works like a charm and I use it a ton. In fact, you will see all of the volvo
guys are using them this year for their night watches, so you know they will
hold up in the Southern Ocean, should you ever bring your C&C there.
http://www.rei.com/product/838548/petzl-elite-headlamp

Now for working on the boat in dark corners we use more traditional lamps. We
have two black diamond head lamps and I would not buy another. The switches on
both are about to give out / finicky and the band doesn't stay tight etc. The
best one I've owned before has been the Tikka XP2 from Petzl. Unfortunately it
was lost, but I will be buying another when the Black Diamond gives out.

As for Home Depot and Harbor Freight cheepos. Well you get what you pay for.
You will likely be replacing it next season when it breaks. (I shop both HD and
HF, but not for head lamps.)

KD