I know That teflon tape is not used in fuel oil heating system lines because the fuel dissolves teflon tape.

Bill Bina

On 6/23/2015 12:38 AM, Russ & Melody via CnC-List wrote:

Hi Josh,

Good point made regarding tapered thread sealing qualities and the lube aids to obtaining a good mechanical seal.

I'm a little dismayed that you used Teflon tape on the exhaust fittings. This is probably the worst application for the product (second being any system with a pump in it). It is best used in domestic water situations.

At about 660 degrees F Teflon tape decomposes and emits a toxic fume. Fatal to birds in the home when the frying pan gets too hot and probably not good for humans in a small space either.

I whole heartedly support the use of high temp anti-seize. It might stink a wee bit on the first couple of runs but it probably won't harm you.

Cheers, Russ
/Sweet /35 mk-1