Confirm it was oil on a 1980 30-1.
I'm slowly converting the oil to Epifanes "hand rubbed" varnish finish -
cleans up better.
If you're refinishing or replacing teak, A lister contributed a very good
stain match years ago - I wish I'd saved his name to credit his trial and
error efforts, but the
recipe is

    Minwax Wood Finish (Stain)    1 part Provincial (211)      2 parts
Golden Pecan (245)    2 parts Colonial Maple (223)

I've sanded dinged, worn, or stained solid teak bits, and very very
carefully very fine sanded some of the teak veneer panels, then wiped on
this stain mix, let stand a few minutes, and wiped off. The results look
like an EXACT color match on my boat. I now keep a can of this mix made up
for all touch up work inside.

Nate

"Sarah Jean"
1980 30-1
relocated and finally launched today and on a bouy in the cove, South Lake
St. Croix,
Hudson WI

1994 Tartan 31 - yet to be re-named
Siskiwit Bay Marina