Wal,
Funny stuff.

My story might offer some encouragement?

Everyone is different but I had the Hernia operation at 58. I had put it off
for a full year but glad I did it now. Took a full year before I stopped
feeling the little tingles from down there. I still work 40hrs/wk as an HVAC
tech for a school and we have much lifting and climbing ladders to work on
rooftop machines, and though it's physically hard, it helps me stay in shape.

Tore my right rotator cuff at 59 and that pain was like a knife tip in my
shoulder for months. That pain lessened at 8 weeks and I chose to skip surgery
when I achieved full movement during theropy. I remember climbing straight
ladders one handed, nursing that shoulder for 6 months. A year later that
shoulder is about 90% as strong, w almost no pain. Now at 61, I banged the left
shoulder and it hurts daily and worries me, and is weakened, but I'll work thru
it.

Anyway, it takes a lot longer to heal when you get older, but you do heal. I
used to respect older people for what they knew. Now I add more respect for
working through their pains.

Hope you heal quicker than I did.

Chuck
Resolute