Anyone has an idea why this happened twice in a row.

Two trips to Block island this year and at about the same spot, right where
seas get a little lumpy, and on about half full tank, diesel sucks in air and
dies.  First time was pounding into 20-kts (not a good way to travel), second
time with no wind but large confused seas.

The first time I sailed and dropped a hook before bleeding the injectors.
Second time I added 5 gal jerry can and after bleeding injectors in 6 foot
swell got her started without a problem.   Ran fine after that in same
conditions.

I guess I should check to make sure fuel gauge is calibrated, although I’ve
been using it the past 3-4 years.

Petar Horvatic

Sundowner

76 C&C 38MkII